What you will learn
- Road vehicle modelling in longitudinal, lateral and vertical direction
- Develop causal and acausal mathematical models of dynamical systems
- Linearize nonlinear continuous-time models
- Derive discrete time models by sampling
- The concept of state-space terminology
- Design discrete time state feedback controllers
- Analyze system models from a controllability, observability and stability point of view
- Design and analyze observers with focus on Kalman filters, and apply them for state estimation.
You will learn the basics of mathematical modeling applied to automotive systems, and based on the modeling framework different type of controller and state estimation methods will be introduced and applied. Starting from a pure state-feedback concept down to optimal control methods, with special attention on different automotive applications. Different methods for state reconstruction is also introduced and discussed in the course. Exercises play an important role throughout the course.
This course is aimed at learners with a bachelor's degree or engineers in the automotive industry who need to learn more about mathematical modelling of automotive systems.
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Mar 23, 2019
Meet Your Instructors
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.