About this courseSkip About this course
This course, part of the Public Library Management Professional Certificate program, will explore skills needed for hiring and evaluating personnel to reflect your library's mission through an organizational culture that will thrive in your community.
Learners will understand the legal considerations when managing a diverse workforce.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Organizational culture from an HR perspective
- How to write and evaluate job descriptions
- A basic understanding of the laws pertaining to hiring (Federal and State)
- How to evaluate and develop a budget for staffing costs
- How to determine if the budget allows for staffing priorities as described in the organizational chart
- How to create and utilize performance evaluations
- How to identify needed policies that allow for a healthy and competitive hiring
- Can you afford the Library you wish to lead?
- Are your people able to get the job done?
- Do you have the right people doing the work?
- Do your policies allow you the flexibility to offer a healthy and competitive hiring environment?
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$49 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally