About this course
What you'll learn
- The basic function of cellular telephone networks, WiFi, and other networking technologies.
- The evolution of privacy rights through the U.S. constitution's 4th amendment, particularly as applied to content and context surveillance.
- Types of cryptography used to secure wired and wireless networks.
- The implications of different forms of surveillance and their impact on an individual's privacy in society.
- Contemporary surveillance and security decisions/laws.
- How to apply ethical thinking and judgment to a wide range of privacy and surveillance situations.
- The impact of using complex and powerful technologies to collect personal data on individuals, corporations, markets, and societies.
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $49.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally