UTMBx: Biostatistics for Big Data Applications
Biostatistics for Big Data Applications
About this courseSkip About this course
This course provides a broad foundation of statistical terms and concepts as well as an introduction to the R statistical software package. The topics covered are fundamental components of biostatistical methods used in both omics and population health research.
Working with biomedical big data presents many challenges; familiarity with common statistical terms and definitions, and understanding basic statistical theory will help you overcome those challenges.
Topic-specific information and examples will be followed by self-assessment opportunities for you to gauge your understanding. In addition, practice datasets and exercises will be provided for you to improve your R programming skills.
At a glance
- Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
- Level: Introductory
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Data Analysis, Population Health, Statistical Software, Big Data, Biostatistics, Statistical Theory
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Basic R Programming
- How to create and interpret graphical summaries of data
- Basic inferential statistics including parametric and nonparametric methods