IBM: Data Science and Machine Learning Capstone Project
Create a project that you can use to showcase your Data Science skills to prospective employers. Apply various data science and machine learning techniques to analyze and visualize a data set involving a real life business scenario and build a predictive model.
There is one session available:
Data Science and Machine Learning Capstone Project
About this courseSkip About this course
Please Note: Learners who successfully complete this IBM course can earn a skill badge — a detailed, verifiable and digital credential that profiles the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired in this course. Enroll to learn more, complete the course and claim your badge!
Now that you've taken several courses on data science and machine learning, it’s time to put your learning to work on a data problem involving a real life scenario. Employers really care about how well you can apply your knowledge and skills to solve real world problems, and the work you do in this capstone project will make you stand out in the job market.
In this capstone project, you’ll explore data sets in New York’s 311 system, which is used by New Yorkers to report complaints for the non-emergency problems they face. Upon being reported, various agencies in New York get assigned to resolve these problems. The data related to these complaints is available in the New York City Open Dataset. On investigation, one can see that in the last few years the 311 complaints coming to the Department of Housing Preservation and Development in New York City have increased significantly.
Your task is to find out the answers to some of the questions that would help the Department of Housing Preservation and Development in New York City effectively tackle the 311 complaints coming to them. You will need to use the techniques you learned in your previous Python, data science, and machine learning courses, including data ingestion, data exploration, data visualization, feature engineering, probabilistic modeling, model validation, and more.
By the end of this course, you will have used real world data science tools to create a showcase project and demonstrate to employers that you are job ready and a worthy candidate in the field of data science.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: اَلْعَرَبِيَّةُ, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, हिन्दी, Bahasa Indonesia, Português, Kiswahili, తెలుగు, Türkçe, 中文
- Associated programs:
- Associated skills:Machine Learning, Feature Engineering, Data Ingestion, Data Visualization, Python (Programming Language), Data Science, Model Validation
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Apply your knowledge of data science and machine learning to a real life scenario
- Analyze and visualize data using Python
- Perform a feature engineering exercise using Python
- Build and validate a predictive machine learning model using Python
- Create and share actionable insights to real life data problems