There is one session available:
Visualizing Data with Python
About this courseSkip About this course
Please Note: Learners who successfully complete this IBM course can earn a skill badge — a detailed, verifiable and digital credential that profiles the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired in this course. Enroll to learn more, complete the course and claim your badge!
"A picture is worth a thousand words." We are all familiar with this expression. It especially applies when trying to explain the insights obtained from the analysis of increasingly large datasets. Data visualization plays an essential role in the representation of both small and large-scale data.
One of the key skills of a data scientist is the ability to tell a compelling story, visualizing data and findings in an approachable and stimulating way.
In this course, you will learn how to leverage a software tool to visualize data that will also enable you to extract information, better understand the data, and make more effective decisions.
When you sign up for this course, you get free access to IBM Watson Studio. In Watson Studio, you’ll be able to start creating your own data science projects and collaborating with other data scientists. Start now and take advantage of everything this platform has to offer!
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Present data using some of the data visualization libraries in Python, including Matplotlib, Seaborn, and Folium
- Use basic visualization tools, including area plots, histograms, and bar charts
- Use specialized visualization tools, including pie charts, box plots, scatter plots, and bubble plots
- Utilize advanced visualization tools, including waffle charts, word clouds and regression plots
- Plot data on maps and visualize geospatial data
Module 1 -Introduction to Visualization Tools
- Introduction to Data Visualization
- Introduction to Matplotlib
- Basic Plotting with Matplotlib
- Dataset on Immigration to Canada
- Line Plots
Module 2 -Basic Visualization Tools
- Area Plots
- Bar Charts
Module 3 -Specialized Visualization Tools
- Pie Charts
- Box Plots
- Scatter Plots
- Bubble Plots
Module 4 -Advanced Visualization Tools
- Waffle Charts
- Word Clouds
- Seaborn and Regression Plots
Module 5 -Creating Maps and Visualizing Geospatial Data
- Introduction to Folium
- Maps with Markers
- Choropleth Maps