edX: BlendedX: Blended Learning with edX
Explore ways to blend educational technology with traditional classroom learning to improve educational outcomes. Perfect for instructors or institutional leadership interested in creating blended learning experiences with edX.
There is one session available:
BlendedX: Blended Learning with edX
About this courseSkip About this course
Educational technology is developing rapidly, and that development has presented educators with an opportunity to rethink and improve their pedagogical practices. The concept of blended learning provides a framework to help educators integrate online educational technologies into face-to-face classes purposefully. When done effectively, blended learning has been shown to enhance student engagement and improve students’ learning outcomes.
In this self-paced course, we introduce you to principles and practices of blended learning. We cover the benefits and challenges of creating blended learning experiences, discuss how to design and deliver a successful blended course, and provide specific strategies and examples for using edX content in your classroom. This course is rich with case examples of institutions who have adopted blended learning, with stories shared from faculty around the world. The course also references research on blended learning models, and its impact.
At a glance
- Subject: Education & Teacher Training
- Level: Intermediate
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Educational Technologies, Research, Student Engagement, Pedagogy, Leadership, Blended Learning
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to understand the challenges and benefits of blended learning
- How to evaluate and improve institutional and classroom readiness
- How to assemble the correct personnel to run a course using the blended model
- How to apply and adapt previous edX blended learning models to design your own course