edX: Studio Advanced: Expanded Course Creation Techniques
Learn to build better courses in edX Studio
There is one session available:
Studio Advanced: Expanded Course Creation Techniques
About this courseSkip About this course
Studio Advanced is a course for experienced course designers in edX Studio - people who have already built at least one online class on the edX platform. If you're more of an edX beginner, you might want to take StudioX first.
This course has been designed to enable you to dip in and out of learning as you require it, as well as support linear learning pathways.
The course is organized into four main sections: advanced planning, improved procedures, short projects and long projects.
At a glance
- Subject: Education & Teacher Training
- Level: Intermediate
StudioX: Creating a Course with edX Studio
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Create a style sheet for a course
- Write better basic problems
- Build advanced problem types
- Use grading libraries
- Design alternative navigation
- Use anti-cheating measures
- Create interactive walkthroughs
- Beautify your landing pages
- Leverage edX advanced settings
- Enable a resource sharing form
- Write new problem types with JSInput
- Build a content library
- Consider different approaches to adaptive learning
- Track data in realtime
While this course is primarily a guide to hone your course authoring skills, there are various assessments to complete along the way.
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
I have years of experience using other elearning authoring tools. Can I start with Studio Advanced instead of StudioX?
If you are new to edX Studio, then we highly suggest starting with StudioX to learn the basics. Once you have created a practice course, and completed the challenge activities, then you will be ready for Studio Advanced.