Choose your session:
Entrepreneurship for Engineers
About this courseSkip About this course
Are you an entrepreneur, or do you have a passion for building your own technology startup? This course will help and encourage you to start a successful technology-based venture.
If you always wanted to become an entrepreneur, or if you are simply interested in putting a new technology to innovative use, this course is for you.
This course helps you understand the process of entrepreneurship from a technology-oriented background.
The course is made up of modules that are presented by experts in the field of entrepreneurship and technology. Modules include:
- Team Building
- Opportunity Recognition
- Customer Acquisition
You will work on your idea in a team environment and examples of founders and start-ups will be used during the course to initiate insightful discussions. The course closes with the creation of a two-page business plan and a video pitch.
The participating universities are:
- TU Delft
- TU Eindhoven
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University & Research
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Learn what it takes to become a “technopreneur”
- Explore various methods for identifying opportunities
- Learn how to conduct market research and provide evidence for the viability of the business idea
- Develop a viable business proposition and learn to pitch your ideas for various audiences
- Understand the dynamics of new venture development and team building
- Develop the ability to translate a business idea into marketing and financial plans
- Week 0: Introduction
- Week 1: The Start of the Entrepreneurial Journey
- Week 2: From Idea to Opportunity
- Week 3: Customer Validation and Customer Strategy
- Week 4: The Minimum Viable Product
- Week 5: Business Modelling
- Week 6: Strategy and Finance
- Week 7: Finding Ecosystem Support for your Innovation
- Week 8: Call for Action