Weston High School: On-Ramp to AP® French Language and Culture
A three week class to boost your confidence before starting your AP® French Language and Culture class.
On-Ramp to AP® French Language and Culture
About this courseSkip About this course
Students who enroll in the French Language and Culture AP® class must be ready to engage right from the beginning of the year in oral and written communication. The basis of the French grammar must be solid and the idea behind this course is to solidify these basis to allow student to enter the class with a strong foundation that will allow them to start communicating from the beginning of the school year, keeping the grammar to a minimal amount of review during the course of the school year.
The online class will cover:
- Review of basic conjugations, irregular presents,
- Passé composé / imparfait,
- Future simple, conditional present and past
- Subjunctive present and past, its use
- Relative pronouns
- Complement pronouns
- Demonstrative pronouns
- Possessive pronouns
- Indirect discourse
- Writing an essay 101
Learn more about our High School and AP® Exam Preparation Courses
- Advanced Placement_® and AP ®_ are registered trademarks of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these offerings.
At a glance
- Subject: Humanities
- Level: Advanced
Students will have completed the French classes necessary to qualify to enroll French AP® Language and Culture.
- Language: Français
- Video Transcript: Français
- Associated skills: French Language, Grammar, Communications, Written Communication
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Review of grammar points (possessives, demontratives, object pronoms)
- Review of verb conjugations and their uses (different tenses and modes)
- Writing a composition for the AP® exam