Choose your session:
IT Fundamentals for Business Professionals: Hardware
About this courseSkip About this course
This course is one of the 5 courses of an introductory business information systems series, designed to introduce you to the amazing world of Information Technology.
The series of courses is designed so that a professional in a field outside the information technologies (financial, administrative or managerial) acquires the basic knowledge in Information Technology to be able to interact more profitably with the computer and telecommunications specialists of your company or other corporations with which you are related, being able to specify requirements, evaluate workloads and monitor results in a much more effective way.
The syllabus of the series is based on the CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications exam.
In this course you will learn the basic hardware concepts on which information systems and communications networks are based
By completing the series of 5 courses, you will be prepared to interact effectively with specialists in the Information Technology sector (and pass the CLEP ISCA exam if you wish).
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in IT Fundamentals for Business Professionals
- Associated skills: Telecommunications Networks, Information Systems, Information Technology, Telecommunications
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
You will learn about:
- Computer peripherals and telecommunications and network devices
- Functions carried out by computer hardware, communications hardware and network hardware
- Client /server architectures
- Wireless communication devices (mobile, satellite, GPS)
- Digital representation of information (text, numbers, multimedia) and use of the binary system
- Local and Enterprise Area Network Architectures