There is one session available:
Basic Spanish 1: Getting Started
About this courseSkip About this course
This 7-week Spanish language course is aimed at students who would like to learn conversational Spanish starting with Spanish basics. The course introduces everyday language and includes activities to practice all four language skills: reading comprehension, writing, listening comprehension and speaking.
This course will introduce you to the A1 proficiency level as described in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL, Council of Europe 2001). After completing this course, you will be prepared to introduce yourself, ask basic questions, and conduct a brief conversation in Spanish.
This course uses reference materials, cultural notes, grammar explanations, functions of language, etc. Students will be able to monitor their progress by taking a number of performance tests and a final achievement test.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English, Español
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Basic Spanish
- Associated skills: Spanish Culture, Grammar, English Language, Reading Comprehension, Writing, Language Education, Spanish Language, Listening Skills
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Basic conversational skills
- The alphabet and numbers
- How to describe your nationality, your likes, and your family
- Using the verb to be ; Basic conjugation