Python for AI & Development Project
About this courseSkip About this course
Please Note: Learners who successfully complete this IBM course can earn a skill badge — a detailed, verifiable and digital credential that profiles the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired in this course. Enroll to learn more, complete the course and claim your badge!
In this mini-course you will demonstrate what you’ve learned in the Python Basics* course and apply your Python skills to a real-world project for your final assignment. You will be introduced to unit testing and will develop the skills needed to create functions and unit tests, run the unit tests, and package the files in a standard Python Package.
Hands-on labs provide practical application of the project work you’ll be performing in the Peer-graded Final Assignment.
At the end of this project, you will have the skills to test your Python code, build and run unit tests, and package the Python application for distribution.
PRE-REQUISITE: *Python Basics course from IBM is a pre-requisite for this project course. Please ensure before taking this course you have either completed the Python Basics course from IBM or have equivalent proficiency in working with Python and data.
NOTE: This course is designed for the learner to apply prior Python knowledge. It is not intended to teach you Python and includes minimal instructional content.
At a glance
- Associated programs:
- MicroBachelors Program in Full Stack Application Development
- Professional Certificate in Applied AI
- Professional Certificate in DevOps and Software Engineering Professional Certificate
- Professional Certificate in Full Stack Developer
- Associated skills: Python (Programming Language), Unit Testing, Artificial Intelligence, Packaging And Labeling
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate Python basic skills for developing AI powered Applications.
- Describe the purpose of unit testing and packaging.
- Test your Python code.
- Create a Python Package.
Expand your practical experience using IBM Watson APIs.
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Unit Testing and Packaging
Module 3; Peer-graded Final Project: Build, Test and Package your Python Application