edX: Try It: Learn SQL
If you are looking to get into data analytics, SQL would be a great starting point.
SQL, or Structure Query Language, is used for cleaning and analyzing data stored in databases. It’s also used by some of the world’s largest companies. Gain highly-marketable skill in this free, no-risk introductory SQL course.
There is one session available:
Try It: Learn SQL
About this courseSkip About this course
If you’re looking to enter a tech or data field, continue your education in data analytics or back-end development, or bring a new relevant skill to your current career, this no-risk intro course to SQL aims to equip you with the basics of database design — and help you reach your goals. In this course you will learn:
- To define and explain the benefits of SQL
- To define what a database is, and identify SQL data types
- To create basic SQL statements
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the value SQL skills bring to non-data scientists.
- Describe the benefits and uses of SQL.
- Execute basic SQL commands.
At a glance
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Introductory
- Prerequisites: None
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How and why you should use SQL.
- How to use the basic syntax of SQL.
- How to create basic SQL statements.
- How to apply this skill to your career.