There is one session available:
Introductory Statistics : Sample Survey and Instruments for Statistical Inference
About this courseSkip About this course
In this course, you will learn about sample surveys with the concepts of samples and populations. In addition, we will discuss possible problems(bias) of the surveys based on practical examples and concept of probability errors in sampling.
This course will familiarize you with statistical inference, the process by which data is used to draw a conclusion or uncover a scientific truth about a population from a sample.
You can learn how to obtain confidence intervals and estimate the population percentage using sample percentage. We will also cover statistical inferences using sample average to estimate the population average with the concept of standard error and measurement error.
Finally, you will learn fundamental idea and process of significance test to determine whether the observed difference is real or simply accidental. Test for difference in average between two groups and Chi-Square test will be discussed in depth in this course.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Sample Surveys
- Unemployment Rate Analysis
- Probability Errors in Sampling
- The Accuracy of Percentages
- Accuracy of Average
- A Significance Test
- Test for Difference in Average between Two Groups
- A Regress Analysis and A Significance Test
- Chi-Square test
- Supplements for Significance Test
• Sample Surveys
• Unemployment Rate Analysis
• Probability Errors in Sampling
• The Accuracy of Percentages
• Accuracy of Average
• A Significance Test
• Test for Difference in Average between Two Groups
• A Regress Analysis and A Significance Test
• Chi-Square test
• Supplements for Significance Test