Real College Credit
No matter if you have some or no college experience, MicroBachelors programs are built for adult learners looking to progress their career. Created by top universities and influenced by Fortune 1000 companies, edX’s MicroBachelors programs are the only path to a Bachelor’s degree that make you job-ready today and credentialed along the way. Now you don’t have to wait years to change your future.
Choose your program, start today
Average cost per credit
At around $166 USD per credit, edX MicroBachelors programs are one of the most affordable ways to access college classes. And with many companies helping to cover education costs for eligible employees, it may come at little or no cost to you to get started.
Flexible and Relevant
Flexible & Relevant
With MicroBachelors programs, start with the content that matters most to you, online at your own pace. Earn a certificate with each one to show off your new achievement, knowing that you've developed skills that companies actually hire for.
Real College Credit
Real College Credit
Each program comes with real, transferable college credit from one of edX's university credit partners. Combined with previous credit you may have already collected or plan to get in the future, MicroBachelors programs put you on a path to earning a full bachelor's degree.
Coaching and Support
Coaching & Support
From start to finish, you won't be alone. You'll get personal coaching to help you stay organized and on track. Not sure what path to take? Support teams are there to guide you along the way.
Corporate Learning & Development
More about MicroBachelors programs
Created in a unique partnership with innovative colleges, universities, and corporations, MicroBachelors programs are a series of college classes that have been customized and grouped together to meet the real-world needs of employers. Learning that quickly pays off with relevant skills for the workforce while also leading to long-term success as a pathway toward earning a Bachelor's degree; the universally recognized standard of undergraduate achievement.
No applications. MicroBachelors programs are designed for you to get started quickly, cutting out hassles like an application processes, unexpected fees, and academic jargon.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Each MicroBachelors program varies in size and is designed to be a meaningful chunk of education. Most MicroBachelors programs are self-paced so that you can work them into your schedule in a flexible way. For an example program with 6 credits, you can expect it to take 2-4 months.
- A MicroBachelors program certificate is an indicator to employers that you have taken action towards your personal growth, persisted through a rigorous educational experience, and have learned skills that many top corporations value. The certificate is a symbol that you are ready for the next step in your career and anything else that might come your way.
- When you successfully complete a MicroBachelors program you will have an opportunity to elect academic credit from colleges and universities that have reviewed the program and have agreed to grant credit for completion without extra fees or hassles. Thomas Edison State University, an innovative public university in New Jersey, provides credit for most MicroBachelors programs.
- A GED or High School equivalency is not required to redeem your MicroBachelors program certificate for credit at Thomas Edison State University. However, a GED or high school equivalency is required if you apply to enroll in a degree program with Thomas Edison State University.
- No. MicroBachelors programs do not require a formal application and do not have a decision process for admissions.
- No. You can start your undergraduate experience with a MicroBachelors program and either continue with our credit providers or transfer the credits you’ve earned to a school of your choice.
- Until you complete a MicroBachelors program and elect credit from a credit provider, you are not enrolled in any formal program of study or institution. When you elect credit from a credit provider, you become a student at that institution.
- Coaches can help you think about your life and career goals, and then provide resources and advice on educational opportunities that can help you meet those goals. Perhaps you are contemplating a career change but aren’t sure about how to get your foot in the door — our coaches can help.
- Because MicroBachelors programs are credit-bearing, they are eligible for many employer educational benefit programs; ask your manager if your company offers or matches an investment in education. edX also offers financial assistance to learners who demonstrate that paying the verified certificate fee would cause economic hardship. You can also try a course before buying a MicroBachelors program through the Audit Track.