What you will learn
- An overview of business organizations and the role accounting plays in managing them.
- Understand the role of operations management in a firm and develop the ability to structure and solve operations related problems.
- Acquire a deeper understanding of the different aspects of people management.
- An introduction to the systematic framework of marketing management and different approaches for marketing goods and services.
- Master concepts and tools that are useful to managers for making financial decisions.
- Understand the analytical approaches underlying strategy and competitive advantage.
Gain an advantage by learning the key business essentials through this comprehensive online MicroMasters program, covering all core management disciplines.
Understanding the managerial context of decision making is critical to being a successful manager. The MicroMasters program in management from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, aims to provide the learner with the perfect learning pathway to develop core competencies across six management disciplines:
- Operations Management
- People Management
- Business Strategy
Courses in this program
IIMBx's Business Management MicroMasters® Program
- 2–4 hours per week, for 7 weeks
Understand key aspects of business operations and lean management including capacity, productivity, quality, and supply chain.
- 2–4 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Learn to be a better manager by developing leadership and communication skills designed to turn first time managers into great team leaders.
- 3–5 hours per week, for 5 weeks
Learn the ideas, concepts and tools managers use to make the right financial decisions.
- 3–5 hours per week, for 5 weeks
Learn how a manager or CEO develops a business strategy, including analyzing the market and creating competitive advantage.
- 3–5 hours per week, for 7 weeks
Learn how to read and interpret financial statements and manage costs to take informed business decisions.
- 2–4 hours per week, for 9 weeks
Learn how to effectively apply marketing management theories and practices, including the marketing mix, through real-world business scenarios.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all six MicroMasters program courses.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) also offers a pathway to credit toward RIT's Master of Science in Professional Studies. If accepted into the program at RIT, students will be eligible for up to 9 credits which will serve toward one concentration required for this interdisciplinary degree. The MS in Professional Studies– which can be completed online or in-person – is a customized, flexible program that meets industry demand by enabling students to strategically combine multiple, complementary fields of study to reflect their unique career and educational goals.
- Career opportunities include: Project Managers, Team Leads, Programme Managers, First time managers, Mid-career professionals, Entrepreneurs
Meet your instructors from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMBx)
Experts from IIMBx committed to teaching online learning
The MicroMasters program of IIMB comes at the right time to help managers to gain a good understanding of other disciplines such as Accounting, HR, Finance, Operations, Marketing and Strategy. The online courses help them to pace their own learning and get an opportunity to do an accelerated Advanced Management Program in campus. The knowledge gained from the courses and the program will go long way in helping managers become more effective and accelerate their personal growth.
- The Business Management MicroMasters program is targeted primarily to managers or mid-career professionals who wish to transform their careers by combining functional competence with global leadership skills. Owners or senior managers of entrepreneurial ventures who are looking to scale up their operations or professionalize management will also find this programme very useful.
- Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.