What you will learn
- Make informed decisions about when and how to apply key AWS Services for compute, storage, database, networking, monitoring, and security.
- Design architectural solutions, whether designing for cost, performance, and/or operational excellence, to address common business challenges.
- Create and operate a data lake in a secure and scalable way, ingest and organize data into the data lake, and optimize performance and costs.
- Prepare for the certification exam, identify your strengths and gaps for each domain area, and build strategies for identifying incorrect responses.
This professional certificate provides the knowledge and skills you need to start building your career in cloud architecture and helps you prepare for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam. You will start by learning key AWS Services for compute, storage, database, networking, monitoring, and security, then dive into how to design architectural solutions, how to create and operate a data lake, and how to prepare for the certification exam.
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification showcases knowledge and skills in AWS technology across a wide range of AWS services. The certification focuses on the design of cost and performance optimized solutions and demonstrating a strong understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework. This AWS Certification is one of the top-paying IT certifications, per the SkillSoft IT Skills and Salary report. Per Enterprise Strategy Group, surveyed AWS Certification holders credited their certification for their higher earnings (74%), increased confidence (87%), and increased influence among coworkers (79%).
To prepare for your AWS Certification exam, we recommend that — in addition to attaining this professional certificate — candidates review the free exam guide, sample questions, and AWS technical documentation (e.g. white papers and product FAQs) on the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam page to understand what content and services are covered by the exam.
Courses in this program
AWS' Cloud Solutions Architecture Professional Certificate
- 2–4 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Kick off your cloud career by learning the fundamentals of AWS products, services, and solutions and basic concepts of database, storage, networking, security and cloud computing.
- 2–4 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Are you looking to get more technical? Are you looking to begin working in the cloud, but don’t know where to go next? Are you puzzled how to match a customer’s requirements with the right AWS services/solutions? If so, you are in the right place!! You’ll learn how to plan, think, and act like a Solution Architect in a real-life customer scenario.
- 1–4 hours per week, for 5 weeks
In this class, we will help you understand how to create and operate a data lake in a secure and scalable way, without previous knowledge of data science!
- 2–3 hours per week, for 4 weeks
This new intermediate-level course from Amazon Web Services (AWS) is designed to help you to assess your preparedness for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam. You will learn how to prepare for the exam by exploring the exam’s topic areas and how they map to architecting on AWS. You will review sample certification questions in each domain, test your knowledge with practice question sets, and learn strategies for identifying incorrect responses.
- Solutions Architects solve complex problems in an organization by designing or modifying technology architecture.
- If you are seeking a role in Information Technology, a Solutions Architect may be a solid choice if you are looking to address common business challenges and design for cost, performance, and operational excellence.
- As a Solutions Architect, you’ll be responsible for testing and implementing potential technical solutions to address and solve specific business problems.
- Part analyzer and part communicator, a Solutions Architect helps to evaluate organizational needs, translates business problems into specific technical solutions and works collaboratively with business and technical leadership.