What you will learn
- What blockchain technology and distributed ledger systems are and how they can be implemented in a business environment.
- Important concepts for applying blockchain technology in the real world and key use cases of blockchain for business today.
- How assets can be transferred in a blockchain network.
- The role of Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger project, which includes a variety of enterprise-ready permissioned blockchain platforms, in accelerating blockchain utilization for various industries.
- Use cases and applications of blockchain technology in modern finance and other areas.
Few emerging technologies inspire more conversation and debate than blockchain. In this program, you’ll discover what the blockchain is, how it works, and how it can be applied to the modern economy in exciting new ways – including in the form of cryptocurrency and other novel use cases.
While blockchain technology has only recently been developed, it is improving banking, supply chain, and other transaction networks by making digital interaction and trade more secure and reliable. It allows us to rethink how data is stored, moved, and updated across a network.
In this professional certificate program, you will broaden your understanding of the world of blockchain technologies and learn how they are changing the way goods and services are exchanged between participants. Additionally, you will gain new skills as you design and work with smart contracts, bitcoin wallets, transactions, fabricode, Chain SDKs, and more.
Businesses are implementing blockchain technology to bring a new level of trust, security, and durability to their network operations. As more and more employers look to leverage the benefits of blockchain technology, more employment opportunities for those with the in-demand knowledge and skills taught in this program will be created every day.
Blockchain can provide value in many business contexts, across the world. Take a deeper look and go beyond the hype as you learn not only the state-of-the-art in blockchain technology, but also how it will evolve in the future!
Courses in this program
IBM's Blockchain Essentials Professional Certificate
- 3–4 hours per week, for 3 weeks
Discover why blockchain is such a disruptive force across business, government and society. Blockchain technology sparked the creation of Bitcoin, a decentralized digital payment system, as well as other popular cryptocurrency systems. Today industry leaders and experts are picturing radical new ways of using blockchain technology to form connections in the global economy. In this course, you will learn how to design smart contracts, bitcoin wallets, fabricode, chain SDKs, and more.
- 3–4 hours per week, for 2 weeks
Learn essential principles of blockchain platforms as well as their growth, progress, and important use cases. Dive deep into fundamental parts of developing apps on commonly used platforms including Ethereum, Hyperledger, and Quorum.
- Job postings mentioning a requirement for skills and knowledge in blockchain rose 185% in 2021, making this a skill set with some of the fastest demand growth in today’s workforce. (Source: EMSI Burning Glass)
- According to a report from Indeed Hiring Lab, as the crypto and blockchain industry matures, companies are hiring fin-tech savvy employees with more diverse set of skills. (Indeed Hiring Lab)
- The share of job postings from cypto and blockchain companies in finance, marketing, human resource and accounting doubled from 2020 to 2021, now accounting for 17% of postings in the industry. (Indeed Hiring Lab)