What you will learn
- Apply various Data Science and Machine Learning skills, techniques, and tools to complete a project and publish a report.
- Practice with various tools used by Data Scientists and become experienced in using some of them like Jupyter notebooks.
- Master the key steps involved in tackling a data science problem and learn to follow a methodology to think and work like a Data Scientist.
- Write SQL to query databases and explore relational database concepts.
- Understand Python and practice Python programming using Jupyter.
- Import and clean data sets, analyze data, build and evaluate data models and pipelines using Python.
- Utilize several data visualization tools, techniques and libraries in Python to present data visually.
- Understand and apply various supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning models and algorithms to address real world challenges using Python.
Data science and machine learning skills continue to be in highest demand across industries, and the need for data practitioners is booming. Upon completing this Professional Certificate program, you will be armed with the skills and experience you need to start your career in data science and machine learning.
Through hands-on assignments and high-quality instruction, you will build a portfolio using real data science tools and real-world problems and data sets. The curriculum will cover a wide range of data science topics including: open source tools and libraries, methodologies, Python, databases, SQL, data visualization, data analysis, and machine learning. There is no requirement for prior computer science or programming knowledge in order to take this program.
Anyone with some computer skills and a passion for self-learning can succeed as we begin small and build up to more complex problems and topics.
With the tremendous need for data science and data analyst professionals in the market today, this program will jumpstart your path in data science and prepare you with a portfolio of data science deliverables to give you the confidence to take the plunge and start your data science career.
Courses in this program
IBM's IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
- 3–7 hours per week, for 7 weeks
Learn about the methodology, practices and requirements behind data science to better understand how to problem solve with data and ensure data is relevant and properly manipulated to address a variety of real-world projects and business scenarios.
- 2–4 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Learn how to use and apply the powerful language of SQL to better communicate and extract data from databases - a must for anyone working in the data science field.
- 2–5 hours per week, for 5 weeks
This Python course provides a beginner-friendly introduction to Python for Data Science. Practice through lab exercises, and you'll be ready to create your first Python scripts on your own!
- 2–4 hours per week, for 5 weeks
In this course, you will learn how to analyze data in Python using multi-dimensional arrays in numpy, manipulate DataFrames in pandas, use SciPy library of mathematical routines, and perform machine learning using scikit-learn!
- 2–4 hours per week, for 5 weeks
Data visualization is the graphical representation of data in order to interactively and efficiently convey insights to clients, customers, and stakeholders in general.
- 4–6 hours per week, for 5 weeks
Machine Learning can be an incredibly beneficial tool to uncover hidden insights and predict future trends. This Machine Learning with Python course will give you all the tools you need to get started with supervised and unsupervised learning.
- 3–4 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Create a project that you can use to showcase your Data Science skills to prospective employers. Apply various data science and machine learning techniques to analyze and visualize a data set involving a real life business scenario and build a predictive model.
- Over 2.5 million jobs in data science and related professions (Burning Glass)
- Python most popular language for data science (KDnuggets)
- Data Science and Analytics professionals have average starting salary of over $80,000 in the US.
Meet your instructors
Experts from IBM committed to teaching online learning