What you will learn
- Describe the basic physics that enables quantum computing and how quantum computing will change businesses, governments, and society.
- Identify the problems quantum computing can, and can’t, solve well.
- Solve problems by combining simple one- and two-bit quantum operations.
- Implement quantum software by using quantum programming languages.
This program serves as an introduction to quantum computing by teaching learners the foundations. It helps them develop an intuitive understanding of the physics that underlie quantum computation, the basics of the mathematical operations, and the rudiments of programming quantum computers. The program has as prerequisites only algebra and programming.
The first course focuses on the basics of using one- and two-quantum bit (qubit) operations to solve problems. In the second course, learners take a deeper dive into quantum programming and further explore how to use quantum programming languages to implement quantum algorithms.
Courses in this program
UChicagoX's Quantum Computing for Everyone Professional Certificate
- 3–5 hours per week, for 5 weeks
This first course in quantum computing is for novices and requires learners to have only basic algebra. It covers the future impacts of quantum computing, provides intuitive introductions of quantum physics phenomenon, and progresses from single operations to a complete algorithm.