What you will learn
- Basic conversational skills.
- Part 1: Learn casual expressions which are used among people who know each other well and the small talk which helps build personal relationships.
- Part 2: Learn how to ask the details about a situation and make requests to people.
- Part 3: Learn how to explain a troubling situation, and how to ask for assistance from people.
- Basic vocabulary and grammar needed for basic conversation skills
- Japanese culture, through everyday expressions
In aim of the first series is to be able to greet and introduce yourself. The second series is aimed at developing your ability to participate in small talk (for example, ii tenki desu ne - It's a nice day today isn't it), to explain your feelings (for example, tabetai - I wanna eat something, or yasumitai - I want to take a break), to describe your health, and to express your opinions.
In addition to this, the course assists in developing an understanding of how people interact in the culture by introducing casual language you would use with a close friend, and polite language used with people more senior than you.
To enable you to do these things, the course provides video lectures/practice and quizzes, to help learn Japanese conversation, grammar, and vocabulary. Also, discussion forums about the Japanese language and culture are available through the program.
Courses in this program
WasedaX's Steps in Japanese for Beginners 2 XSeries Program
- There is a series of 3 courses that are best taken in order.