What you will learn
- Evaluate the performance, role and impact of combined/integrated energy technologies on modern energy systems such as renewable energy sources, energy storage, electric vehicles, thermal systems and interconnected multi-carrier grids.
- Identify how to digitalize the “conventional” grid using technologies including but not limited to, AI, machine learning, blockchain and computer simulations.
- Evaluate the flexibility, grid support and reduction in carbon footprint that can be obtained by transition to electric mobility, electrified heating, and hydrogen energy.
- Make informed decisions about managing infrastructure, actors, policy and energy markets that support the energy transition and sustainable energy systems.
- Make and validate sustainable business models for an integrated energy system of the future identifying and utilizing the multitude of changes to the present systems in an opportunistic way.
Courses in this program
DelftX's Intelligent and Integrated Energy Systems Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from Delft University of Technology (DelftX)
Experts from DelftX committed to teaching online learning
At DNV, our vision is to be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations. The energy transition is vital to decelerate climate change. Integrating energy systems in an intelligent way is a critical skill for the engineers, project managers, planners, policymakers, and scientists of the future. The program “Intelligent and Integrated Energy Systems” comes at the right time to tackle the challenges and complexities of today’s energy systems. It discusses the energy system’s physical, operational, digital, economic, policy, and business layers and their interrelation. What makes this program unique is that you are presented with all relevant aspects of the energy transition, allowing you to understand and transform the energy system on all sides. This is crucial because the energy system cannot reach the required level of integration and intelligence without adapting the legislative and economic infrastructures as well. All sectors need to cooperate if we want to realize a sustainable future. I would highly recommend this innovative program to everyone interested in the transformation of the energy system.
What makes IBM unique is its ability to continually renew itself and create new markets. We are strong believers in lifelong learning. The energy transition is extremely important for combating climate change. One of the key drivers of the energy transition is the electrification of the energy system with the rapid increase in the supply of renewable power. This requires great flexibility and adaptability of energy systems organizations and companies. The IBM Virtual Enterprise elaborates on the application of exponential technologies to become flexible and agile in this energy transition era. I am very glad that the free online program “Intelligent and Integrated Energy Systems” is now ready. This program will help you to discover the energy systems – intelligence and integration, from a technical, digital, economic, and business perspective and gain valuable skills that put you at the forefront of the global energy transition. It enables you to deploy intelligent technology, strategy and business models to adapt to significant changes in the energy field. This knowledge is relevant for all geographies in the world and can be applied for the transition of existing highly reliable energy eco-systems as well as for building new energy eco-systems in underserved areas. I highly recommend this cutting-edge program to everyone interested in the energy transition.