About this courseSkip About this course
Advanced Statistical Inference and Modelling Using R is part two of the Statistical Analysis in R professional certificate.
This course is directed at people who are already familiar with basic linear regression and fundamentals of statistical inference. It extends the knowledge of linear regression to the situations where the response variable is binary, a count, or categorical as well as to hierarchical experimental set-up. While very practice oriented, it aims to give the students the understanding of why the method works (theory), how to implement it (programming using R) and when to apply it (and where to look if the particular method is not applicable in the specific situation).
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Exploratory data analysis and data visualisation using R.
- Multivariate analysis using Generalised Linear Models (GLMs):
- Binary response (logistic regression) GLM
- Poisson counts GLM
- Nominal categorical response (multinomial logistic GLM)
- Ordinal categorical response (ordinal logistic GLM)
- Mixed effects linear regression models. Structure, assumptions, diagnostics and interpretation. Model selection.
- Basics of power analysis (sample size evaluation) and some thoughts on experimental design and missing data.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$249 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally