About this courseSkip About this course
In this course, you will learn how this new style of leadership redefines and redistributes team roles by:
- Motivating through empowerment to gain better decisions
- Facilitating the creativity and inclusivity of a high-functioning team
- Identifying and managing decision making biases
- Negotiating conflicts across individuals, teams, and organizations
- Ensuring success through delegation and powerful constraint-based metrics.
You’ll learn to turn one internally motivated and critically thinking mind into many; and driving speed and innovation through leveraging all talents on the team.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners can earn 10 Professional Development Unit (PDU) credits, which are recognized by the Project Management Institute (PMI). PDU credits are essential to those looking to maintain certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Building self-organizing teams
- Facilitating leadership and the power of play
- Decision science and human mind heuristics
- Negotiation styles and techniques
- Managing bias through mindfulness and emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Week 1: The first week of this course jumps right into our traditional notions of leadership, defining the concept, the characteristics of a leader, the science of leadership, and the styles that exist today across master and servant models (Primal Leadership, Team Leadership, Situational Leadership, and Transformational Leadership).
- Week 2: The second week exposes the reasoning behind servant leadership as the optimal approach and how old philosophies and “modern psychology” reinforce the need for leaders to empower teams. Gamification and the power of play are emphasized to ensure optimal contribution and performance across roles on the scaled Agile teams.
- Week 3: The third week explores human decision making, its power and its faults in the form of biases, and how we can train ourselves through emotional-social intelligence and mindfulness to go faster by slowing down. Negotiation styles and techniques are also covered requiring self-reflection on how one handles conflict and manages competing, accommodating, avoiding, compromising, and collaborating challenges.
- Week 4: The final week focuses on putting these lessons into practice with real-world approaches and tools for managing and facilitating decisions, interactions, and environments for optimal team performance.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $125.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally