AP® Biology - Part 1: The Cell
About this courseSkip About this course
Preparing for the AP Biology exam requires a deep understanding of many different topics in biology as well as an understanding of the format of the AP exam and the types of questions it asks. This course is Part 1 of our AP Biology series designed to prepare you for the AP Biology exam.
In Part 1, you will learn about the cell, its structure, its functions, and the chemistry that drives all of the processes cells carry out on a daily basis.
As you work through this course, you will find lecture videos taught by expert AP Biology teachers, practice multiple choice questions and free response questions that are similar to what you will encounter on the AP exam and tutorial videos that show you step-by-step how to solve problems. By the end of the course, you will be prepared to take on the AP exam!
This course is authorized as an Advanced Placement® (AP®) course by the AP Course Audit. The AP Course Audit was created by the College Board to give schools and students the confidence that all AP courses meet or exceed the same clearly articulated curricular expectations of colleges and universities.
By taking an AP course and scoring successfully on the related AP Exam, students can:
- Stand Out in College Admissions
- Earn College Credits
- Skip Introductory Classes
- Build College Skills
Advanced Placement® and AP® are trademarks registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these offerings.
At a glance
- Institution: RICEx
- Subject: Biology & Life Sciences
- Level: Introductory
- Prerequisites: None.
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Prepare for the AP Biology Exam
- Learn about Biochemistry, Cell Processes and Cell Communication
- See how biological systems interact with each other
- See how biological systems untilize free energy to maintain dynamic homeostasis
- Participate in inquiry-based lab investigations and discussions