About this courseSkip About this course
This psychology course is all about the relationship between health and behavior. We will examine stress as a concept and learn about its relation to health and psychological adjustment. We will discuss abnormal behavior and how psychologists assess it as well as a wide range of psychological disorders and approaches to their treatment.
This course includes video-based lectures and demonstrations, interviews with real research psychologists and a plethora of practice questions to help prepare you for the AP® Psychology exam.
This is the fifth in a six-course AP® Psychology sequencethat is designed to prepare you for the AP® Psychology exam.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- an understanding of stress as a concept
- the relationship between stress and physical and mental health
- approaches to understanding and classifying abnormal behavior
- the various categories and types of mental disorders as defined in the diagnostic and statistical manual (DSM)
- the various approaches to the treatment of psychological disorders
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$49 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally