What you will learn
- How to achieve success in project management
- Best practices in organizational and leadership characteristics
- How to overcome challenges of specific types of projects
Project management plays a key role in supporting a business’s success. In this project management course, you will learn what’s required from an organization for projects to excel.
You will learn how to turn project management principles and theory into practice. The course will cover:
- project management methods and best practices
- project portfolio management
- the project management office
- Six Sigma
- corporate culture and organizational behavior
- project management leadership
The course will utilize case studies and examples from companies to help students sharpen their project management skills to recognize and implement an environment that supports success.
First, we will cover the basic organizational and leadership elements required to provide a successful environment for all projects to succeed.
Second, we will cover the necessary organizational support structures and methods that enable project management and project managers to deliver results to the business and to the customers they serve.
Finally, we will explore the challenges of specific types of projects such as projects in crisis, global projects and managing a portfolio.
This course is part of the RIT Project Management MicroMasters Program that is designed to teach the importance of the organizational and leadership characteristics for the success of projects. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential, you will need to earn a verified certificate in each of the three courses as well as pass a capstone exam.
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Jan 22, 2019
Meet Your Instructors
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.