About this course
What you'll learn
Ways to take this course
edX For Business
2–3 hours per week
Progress at your own speed
Biostatistics for Big Data Applications
About this courseSkip About this course
This course provides a broad foundation of statistical terms and concepts as well as an introduction to the R statistical software package. The topics covered are fundamental components of biostatistical methods used in both omics and population health research.
Working with biomedical big data presents many challenges; familiarity with common statistical terms and definitions, and understanding basic statistical theory will help you overcome those challenges.
Topic-specific information and examples will be followed by self-assessment opportunities for you to gauge your understanding. In addition, practice datasets and exercises will be provided for you to improve your R programming skills.
At a glance
- Institution: UTMBx
- Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
- Level: Introductory
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Biostatistics, Data Analysis, Big Data, Population Health, Statistical Software, Statistical Theory
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Basic R Programming
- How to create and interpret graphical summaries of data
- Basic inferential statistics including parametric and nonparametric methods
About the instructors
Interested in this course for your business or team?
Train your employees in the most in-demand topics, with edX For Business.