About this courseSkip About this course
Business communication is vital to professional success.
This course, part of the Leadership Essentials Professional Certificate program, will help you unlock the secrets to business success by understanding workplace culture. You’ll learn how to use language and nonverbal communication to convey shared meanings in face-to-face and remote professional relationships.
You will learn techniques to effectively and succinctly articulate your business ideas to a diverse range of audiences to ensure they understand even the most complex concepts.
In this course, there will be a strong focus on business writing, active listening, and communicating your ideas effectively to a particular target audience. We will discuss the impact of assumptions or bias that people may bring to workplace interactions. Learners will apply their knowledge by critiquing real-world business scenarios from the workplace.
Topics will also include:
- Best practices for written communication
- Conducting effective meetings
- Documentation and follow-up techniques
- Best practices for face-to-face, digital, and mediated communication
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to critically evaluate your role in workplace interactions
- How to employ strategies for active listening
- How to ask questions that move conversations forward
- How to communicate ideas clearly and succinctly
- How to assess needs of clients and colleagues
- Best practices for face-to-face and remote communication
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$199 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally