About this courseSkip About this course
This course explores the economic interplay between financial intermediaries (indirect finance) and markets (direct finance) in allocating capital and creating investment opportunities.
You will learn about global financial markets including how banking and financial markets work together. You will learn about the types of of financial intermediaries and how to identify the drivers behind the global distribution of investment-grade bonds by currency and of equity market capitalization by country.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Introduction to Global Financial Markets
- Identify the key participants and their impact on the market
- Understand the drivers behind the global distribution of investment-grade bonds by currency and of equity market capitalization by country.
- Distinguish between direct and indirect finance in global capital markets.
- Identify the main types of financial intermediaries.
- Distinguish between primary and secondary financial markets.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$59 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally