Developing Digital Transition Strategies for Cultural Heritage Institutions
About this courseSkip About this course
Recently, the necessity for Cultural Heritage Institutions (CHIs) to keep up with the rapid changes in the digitization of society and culture brought them to confront new challenges: 1) adaptation of new digital technologies and 2) the development of impactful digital workflows.
How can digitization empower cultural heritage institutions to fulfill their mission? Is there a strategy to ensure digital use doesn’t replace physical engagement in cultural activities? How to create sustainable organizational changes and assess the challenges and benefits of such a digital development? If you want to get familiar with the many ramifications of digital transformation and its relation to the field of Cultural Heritage, then this MOOC is meant for you.
Thanks to this course, professionals in cultural heritage institutions, policymakers and critical culture consumers can expand their knowledge on the multiple facets of digital transformation and digital strategies and learn how to employ methods and tools to assess and galvanize Cultural Heritage Institution’s potential in the digital era.
This MOOC is composed of six modules consisting of videos, texts, exercises, quizzes, readings and much more. You’ll find yourselves in the excellent company of specialists from the fields of cultural economics, sociology, communication and intellectual property rights who’ll introduce and dive deep into subjects such as participatory strategies, Intellectual Property Rights, capacity building and impact assessment.
As a whole, they offer the right sources for developing and assessing effective digital strategies.
This MOOC has been developed with the support from the Horizon 2020 programme of the European Union under contract nr. 870792
Course created with support from
At a glance
- Institution: KULeuvenX
- Subject: Art & Culture
- Level: Intermediate
Basic knowledge on digital strategies and familiarity with the concept of digital transformation
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Digital Strategy Development, Impact Assessment, Digital Transformation, Economics, Communications, Organizational Change, Sociology
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Understand the many meanings and developments of Digital Transformation
- Recognize the need for better digitisation performance data in the Cultural Heritage Institutions sector and the value of assessing trends, self-monitoring, and assessment
- Define and develop a digitisation strategy
- Assess the impact of your institution
- Recognize the benefits and opportunities of Open Access policies in the context of digital transformation