About this courseSkip About this course
Chatbots are one of the most exciting and in-demand topics in tech. Businesses around the world are increasingly showing an interest in their potential for cost-saving and improving customer service availability.
In this course, you'll learn how to build chatbots powered by Watson and how to approach making money by selling chatbots to clients. We'll cover ways to sell chatbots to prospective clients online and offline. We'll explore how to plan and build chatbots using a visual tool provided by IBM. We'll offer methods for testing, analyzing, and improving your chatbots. And we'll teach you how to deploy your chatbots to websites via a handy WordPress plugin.
Leveraging the AI power of Watson Assistant, you will be able to accomplish all this without the need to write any code!
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- What chatbots are and why they are revolutionary;
- What Watson Assistant is and how you can leverage its AI capabilities;
- The key principles of good chatbot design;
- How to create your own chatbot without the need to write any code;
- How to deploy your chatbot on WordPress sites;
- How to enroll as an IBM Partner if you intend to build chatbots for customers;
- How to make money with chatbots.
- Introduction to making money with Chatbots
- Becoming an IBM Partner
- Selling clients on the idea
- Finding new clients locally and online
- What are chatbots?
- The emergence of Messengers and AI
- Who are chatbots for?
- The chatbot we're going to build
- Watson Assistant components
- Dos and Dont's of dialog design
Module 3 - Building Our Chatbot: Intents and Entities
- Creating a workspace
- Defining Chit Chat intents
- Defining Domain-Specific intents
- Defining entities
- The default Welcome and Anything else nodes
- Creating Chit Chat dialog
- Simple conditions and responses
- Handling complex dialog flow
- Trying out and exporting our chatbot
- Deploying our chatbot on WordPress
- Installing and configuring the Watson Assistant plugin
- Finding and fixing problems
- More advanced concepts
- Analyzing chatbot conversations
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
"Today, I deployed a chatbot for enterprise customers. I designed, developed, and tested it with my team over the last month. I learned how by taking the course taught by Antonio Cangiano." – Jordan Olivero
Frequently asked questions
A: No. We created this course assuming no programming knowledge. Thanks to Watson Assistant, you don't need to be a programmer to build useful chatbots.
Q: But I'm a programmer, is this course too basic for me?
A: If you are a programmer, great! The foundational knowledge we share in this course will help you create solid chatbots that delight users. Your programming skills will enable you to take your chatbots further, by integrating them with other APIs and data sources.
Q: Is Watson Assistant free?
A: Watson Assistant is a chatbot service available on the IBM Cloud. Once you register for a free account, you'll be able to use the free tier of the service. There are some usage limitations in place (e.g., processing of 10,000 user questions per months), but they are fairly generous if you are just building one chatbot. If you build chatbots for multiple clients, however, you might find these restrictions too limiting. Thankfully, IBM is offering you a unique opportunity to partner with them and get roughly 10 times the resources each month, for a whole year!
Q: What's the deal with the IBM Partner offer?
A: If you take this course with the intention of making money by building and selling chatbots to clients, then this special offer from IBM should be of interest. The course covers the offer in more detail, but the gist of it is that you get to become an IBM Partner and receive a year worth of resources.
Q: But I'm just a student, can I really make money from chatbots?
A: Absolutely. You could run your side-business from your dorm room. Anyone can take this course and start making money with chatbots if they put in the work.