Innovation and IT Management
About this courseSkip About this course
Information Technology (IT) changes the manner and scope in which businesses operate and compete. Innovations in IT have led some businesses to flourish, while others have faltered due to massive changes brought by this industry. IT is notoriously hard to manage. The challenge of managing IT is ensuring that the intended changes and innovations are realized, and the unintended ones are kept under control. This course will cover basic concepts of information technology management.
As part of this course you will:
- See some brief videos
- Take pop quizzes
- Analyse cases
- Read relevant material
- Take assessments.
This course is for you if you are:
- Using IT in your organisation
- Building or are planning to build IT-enabled products or services
- Exploring business innovations and want to know how IT can help
- Interested in understanding how organisations manage IT for innovating.
This course is not overly technical. Detailed prior knowledge of computing technology is not required to take this course.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
Managing IT and Innovation requires subtle decision-making skills. You will learn how to make decisions related to:
- Competing with IT
- Managing digital networks and security
- Making sense of the evolving IT landscape
- Developing software and managing projects
- Managing crowd innovation
- Social and ethical aspects of IT.