About this course
What you'll learn
Ways to take this course
edX For Business
3–4 hours per week
Progress at your own speed
Intellectual Property Rights: A Management Perspective
About this courseSkip About this course
This course will provide insight on the competitive and strategic advantages of enterprises by using Intellectual Property Rights. You will learn about the different types of IntellectualProperty as well as the strategy, valuation andasset management of it.
The course also includes an array of interviews with leading experts and will help you understand the opinions of Policy makers vis-à-vis the gaps experienced by the distinguished patrons, hailing from various facets of the field of Intellectual Property.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- To achieve a basic understanding of the Intellectual Properties and their classificationthrough studying their features
- To analyze the significance of Intellectual Property in strategic pursuits of an organization
- To calculate the quantifiable value of Intellectual Properties, based on certain financial details of an organization
- To examine the socio-economic and legal impact of the Intellectual Properties against the motive of the corporates
- To develop a perspective on the sustainability of providing protection to Intellectual Properties in the light of public policy and outlook of opposition
The course will be five weeks long. The Weeks will talk about the following topics:-
- Week 1: An Introduction to Intellectual Property
- Week 2: Types of Intellectual Property
- Week 3: Strategy, Valuation & Asset Management of Intellectual Property
- Week 4: Civil Societies, Public Policy & Intellectual Property
- Week 5: Views of the Stakeholders
About the instructors
Interested in this course for your business or team?
Train your employees in the most in-demand topics, with edX For Business.