About this courseSkip About this course
In the context of sustainable development, businesses that are often referred to as part of the problem can be part of the solution. As a consequence, policymakers, industry leaders, society and academics are trying to understand how sustainability affects traditional ways of doing business, and also, how traditional businesses are affected by sustainability. How to develop a sustainable competitive advantage is a key challenge in the agendas of today’s global executives.
This MBA Primer introduces the topic of sustainability from three perspectives: corporate sustainability (core of the module); business ethics and social innovation.
The virtual class will be involved in an engaging debate discussing the different economic, environmental and social perspectives on the topics discussed. At the end of this module, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of sustainability issues, the relevance for policymakers, the role of corporations and the implications for decision-making.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Develop an understanding of the strategic challenges faced by modern organisations in today’s global business environment
- Develop a basic understanding of sustainability thinking and triple-bottom-line approaches
- Develop an appreciation of the business case for sustainability in different industries
- Develop an appreciation of the ethical implications of business decisions
- Develop an appreciation of the potential for social innovation through business activities.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $79.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally