What you will learn
- Basic knowledge on algorithms and Java programming
- Develop programs with conditionals and loops
- Design and implement recursive algorithms
- Understand basic mechanisms of the OOP paradigm
- Use and interpret the API of some of the most common Java classes
- Develop simple programs in Java
In this introductory Java programming course, you will be introduced to powerful concepts such as functional abstraction, the object oriented programming (OOP) paradigm and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Examples and case studies will be provided so that you can implement simple programs on your own or collaborate with peers.
Emphasis is put on immediate feedback and on having a fun experience. Programming knowledge is not only useful to be able to program today’s devices such as computers and smartphones. It also opens the door to computational thinking, i.e. the application of computing techniques to every-day processes.
This edition is an improved version of the course released in April 2015.
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Feb 22, 2019