Estimated 2 weeks
1–2 hours per week
Progress at your own speed
Cost to Enroll
This course is archived
Future dates to be announced
Introduction to Money Markets
About this courseSkip About this course
This course begins with an understanding of money market instruments and how money market products are traded. You will learn about Certificate of Deposits, Commercial Paper, Repurchase Agreements, and Federal Funds. We’ll wrap up this course with an understanding of money-market returns.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Understand how money market products are traded.
- Identify the main product categories and pricing conventions within the Money Markets sector.
- Calculate yields using different day count conventions in order to compare returns between different product categories.
- LO1: Money-Market Instruments
- LO2: Certificate of Deposits
- LO3: Commercial Paper & Repurchase Agreements
- LO4: Federal Funds & Money-Market Instruments
- LO5: Money-Market Returns