There is one session available:
Introduction to Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG)
About this courseSkip About this course
In this course you will learn how the geology of ground and drilling conditions require OCTG (Oil Country Tubular Goods) with different characteristics; how tubular string design is performed; and how selected products are manufactured and tested. The following concepts will be explored:
- A brief description of the different products used in an oil well, mainly casing, tubing and their connections.
- The main characteristics of pipe body and connections. Differences between products meeting API (American Petroleum Institute) standards, proprietary steel grades and/or premium connections.
- The basics of string design and material selection.
OCTG Production Process:
- An overview of the seamless and welded pipes production processes.
- How to assure and sustain quality through the complete production process.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
During this course you will learn about:
- API Steel Grades.
- Proprietary Steel Grades.
- Connections: API and Premium.
- Dopeless® Technology.
- String Design and Material Selection.
- Seamless and Welded Body Manufacture.
- Finishing and Quality of tubular goods.
TenarisUniversity is Tenaris’s corporate university, a leading supplier of tubes and related services for the world’s energy industry and certain other industrial applications.