About this courseSkip About this course
Emerging quantum systems are disruptive technologies redefining computing and communication. Teaching quantum physics to engineers and educating scientists on engineering solutions are critical to address fundamental and engineering challenges of the quantum technologies.
This course provides an introduction to various quantum technologies by overviewing laws of quantum physics, quantum systems and their engineering challenges. In particular, the course reviews various implementation of quantum communication and computation and basic science and engineering behind the technology.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Identify fundamental differences between quantum mechanics and classical mechanics.
- Mathematically describe simple quantum phenomena using differential equations and linear algebra.
- Inspect role and dynamics of wave function in quantum systems using multidisciplinary fields of physics, computer science, and quantum theory.
- Interpret quantum signatures in experimental data.
- Analyze engineering challenges of quantum technologies including quantum computing and quantum communication.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$2,250 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.