There is one session available:
Introduction to Quantum Science & Technology
About this courseSkip About this course
Emerging quantum systems are disruptive technologies redefining computing and communication. Teaching quantum physics to engineers and educating scientists on engineering solutions are critical to address fundamental and engineering challenges of the quantum technologies.
This course provides an introduction to various quantum technologies by overviewing laws of quantum physics, quantum systems and their engineering challenges. In particular, the course reviews various implementation of quantum communication and computation and basic science and engineering behind the technology.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- MicroMasters® Program in Quantum Technology: Computing
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Identify fundamental differences between quantum mechanics and classical mechanics.
- Mathematically describe simple quantum phenomena using differential equations and linear algebra.
- Inspect role and dynamics of wave function in quantum systems using multidisciplinary fields of physics, computer science, and quantum theory.
- Interpret quantum signatures in experimental data.
- Analyze engineering challenges of quantum technologies including quantum computing and quantum communication.