About this courseSkip About this course
"Introduction to WebAssembly" is designed for web, cloud, and blockchain developers, architects, and CTOs interested in learning about WebAssembly’s strengths and limitations, and its potential applications in blockchain, serverless, edge/IoT, and more.
This course is designed to show you what the WebAssembly runtime is, and how it provides a secure, fast and efficient compilation target for a wide range of modern programming languages, allowing them to target the browser.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- A good understanding of the WebAssembly runtime
- How WebAssembly runs "under the hood"
- How to leverage WebAssembly's capabilities in and beyond the browser
- Explore potential applications in different industries
- And more!
- Ch 1. The Interactive Web - A Brief History
- Ch 2. Introducing WebAssembly
- Ch 3. Practical WebAssembly
- Ch 4. WebAssembly Beyond the Browser
- Ch 5. The Future of WebAssembly
- Final Exam (Verified Track only)
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$149 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally