About this courseSkip About this course
This course aims to help you be successful in your college studies, highlighting effective and practical strategies for study. These strategies, from note taking to active reading, from time management to understanding how you learn, will help you achieve your academic goals, and to allow you to make the most of your college education.
This online curriculum may be used in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, as a start-to-finish, self-directed online experience. We also invite you to utilize this resource as a library/toolkit of academic success strategies, a tool for flipped classroom pedagogy, or a companion text for on-the-ground transition courses.
This course was created by the Columbia University Center for Veteran Transition and Integration. Contact us https://veterans.columbia.edu/.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Foundational academic and study skills for achieving academic success in college
- Strategies for more effective reading, writing, test preparation, and time management
- Proven tips for students taking STEM and other technical courses
- Metacognition and academic mindset
- Metacognition and Mindset
- Active Reading and Note-Taking
- How to Study for Technical Courses
- Hard Reading, Good Writing
- Effective Time Management
- Navigating Campus Culture
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$50 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally