About this courseSkip About this course
Learn strategies and skills for managing luxury brands within the hotel and tourism industry. You will analyze the essence of a luxury brand and learn marketing techniques and trends to better position your services. You will learn how luxury brands are created and how to properly communicate the value of your brand.
Concepts and applications will be introduced through textbooks, selected journal articles and field visits.
Note that this course is priced at USD $198.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Evaluate and discuss the essence of luxury brand management. Address the brand potential that exists in luxury activities, and how luxury-goods businesses should be conducted on a daily basis
- Analyze and critic the specificities of luxury goods marketing, the long term trends in the luxury industry and the changing shape and definition of the luxury sector
- Analyze and evaluate luxury brand management research journals
- Identify luxury brand and experience problems within the hotel and tourism context, and apply research skills and techniques to solve these problems
- Analyze and appraise related numerical and graphical data regarding managing luxury brand and experience, and develop solutions for industry practitioners
Week 1: Essence of the Luxury Industry
Evaluate and discuss the essence of luxury brand management
Week 2: Luxury Brand Power and Lifecycle
Address the brand potential that exists in luxury activities, and how luxury-goods businesses should be managed
Week 3: The Luxury Client
Analyse critically the behaviour of luxury clientele and the long-term trends in the luxury market. Identify major research areas and issues, analyse and evaluate the literature on luxury brand management
Week 4: Luxury Brand Identity
Understand brand DNA and Codes of luxury brands through case studies
Week 5: International Distribution and Retailing of Luxury
Analyse the trends and systems of international distribution and retailing of luxury brands, and the impact of technology on these trends and systems
Week 6: Managing Luxury Brand Creation, Communication and Sustainability
Brand creation, communication and sustainability in the hospitality and tourism industry
Week 7: Luxury Management in the Fashion and Lifestyle Sector
Case studies for luxury management in the fashion industry
Week 8: Luxury Management in the Hospitality Industry
Case studies for luxury management in the hospitality industry
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$198 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.