What you will learn
- How to identify when attacks are happening inside networks
- How to collect evidence of network intrusions
- How to test networks and systems for vulnerabilities
- How to prepare for and defend against network attacks
In this course, you will examine the various areas of network security including intrusion detection, evidence collection and defense against cyber attacks.
The issues and facilities available to both the intruder and data network administrator will also be examined to illustrate their effect.
You will learn the principles and concepts of wired and wireless data network security. You will be guided through a series of laboratories and experiments in order to explore various mechanisms for securing data networks including physical layer mechanisms, filters, applications and encryption.
You will analyze attack/defend scenarios and determine the effectiveness of particular defense deployments against attacks.
This course is a part of the RITx Cybersecurity MicroMasters Program.
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Mar 23, 2019
Meet Your Instructors
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.