About this course
This self-paced career development course will help you identify your strengths and interests and align your passions with a viable career path. Through guided self-reflection and instruction, you will create a career vision statement that identifies how you hope to use your skills and interests to focus your career. With this insight, you'll select a career path that aligns with your personality, preferences, and goals. Finally, you'll create a professional development plan that will help you achieve those goals.
This is the first course in Fullbridge’s four-part Career Development XSeries, designed to prepare you to succeed in the modern workplace.
What you'll learn
- How to recognize your workstyle preferences, including the way you relate to others in the workplace
- How to source professional development feedback to become a more effective workplace contributor
- How to recognize different organizational structures and their business purposes
- How to identify roles and organizations that complement your strengths
- How to define your ambitions in a career vision statement
- How to create a professional development plan that will help you achieve your career vision
Section 0: Course Introduction
Review course logistics, including the course overview, schedule, components, grading, and support.
Section 1: Know Your Professional Self
Learn about your personality type, working style, and how your preferences affect your career interests.
Section 2: Navigating the Workplace
Increase your understanding of different work environments based on organizational structures and job roles.
Section 3: Career Goals and Mapping
Start planning for your career by identifying your goals and mapping a personalized career plan.
Section 4: Final Assessment and Course Recap
Demonstrate your mastery of the course content in the final assessment.