What you will learn
- Full-stack web development using Typescript and Node.js
- How teams of developers build software
- Agile methodology
- Hands on experience building a non-trivial software system
In this project course, the final course in the Software Development MicroMasters program, you will learn how to input, manipulate, and return data with a modern web development stack. Using TypeScript and Node, you will manipulate large amounts of information using a domain-specific querying language. Backend, REST, and front-end technologies will be required to successfully complete the project.
In teams, students will work through the project in several sprints. In each sprint, students will produce a deliverable that is evaluated using an automated test suite. The feedback you will receive from this suite will be limited. To succeed at the project you will need to create your own private test suite to further validate each deliverable.
By working through such a large-scale development project, you will learn technical development skills, and gain experience with how teams develop software in the industry.
This is the largest project in the Software Development MicroMasters program. Verified learners will have access to greatly increased staff coaching to help complete the project.
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Jan 23, 2019