What you will learn
- Industry and competitive analysis
- Resource and competency analysis
- Analysing strategy across corporate and business levels
In this business and management course, you will develop a strong understanding of how firms compete by learning about important analytical approaches that underlie business strategy.
This course will show you how a business views itself in its "totality" and in the context of its environment. The course will be taught from the perspective of a manager or chief executive officer (CEO).
This course aims to equip you with a good understanding of:
- What managing a firm strategically implies?
- How one analyzes the industry in which a firm competes?
- How does a firm create competitive advantage?
- How does a firm sustain its competitive advantage?
Before you start
- No prerequisites
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Jan 15, 2019
Meet Your Instructors
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.