About this courseSkip About this course
This course introduces the functional concepts of business in terms of economic systems, global markets, corporate social responsibility, and the importance of small businesses to the American business system. Although the functional areas of business will be the core of the course, it is not intended to present those areas in depth. Instead, all functional areas will be addressed using a stakeholder lens allowing students to become familiar with how and why businesses operate the way they do.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
Students successfully completing this course will be able to:
1) demonstrate a basic understanding of business,
2) define capitalism and explain the basics of how free markets work,
3) discuss the forces that affect trading in global markets,
4) define corporate social responsibility and its impact upon various stakeholders, and
5) discuss the importance of small business in the American economy.
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$99 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally