There is one session available:
Vaccines: from smallpox to technologies of the future
About this courseSkip About this course
Do you want to broaden your knowledge on vaccinology or get a first well-balanced introduction to different aspects of the vaccine field? Then tune in for this MOOC!
Do you know vaccines have proven to be one of the most powerful and effective ways of reducing morbidity and mortality and even eradicating diseases? Within this MOOC, we will elaborate on the burden of some infectious diseases. Besides the history of vaccines and the impact on mankind, a module will be dedicated to vaccine immunology.
You will learn more about the different stages in vaccine development and the (sometimes) troublesome path to reach those most in need. Big steps forward have been made, but there are still challenges to tackle, including the recent vaccine hesitancy leading to a worrisome reduction in vaccination rates.
A novel vaccine platform technology, named PLLAV (i.e. plasmid-launched live-attenuated viral vaccine) will be highlighted as well.
This MOOC is aimed at all stakeholders in the vaccine field like students, parents, scientists, NGOs, politicians and many more.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Understand the burden of some infectious diseases
- Learn about the history of vaccines
- Distinguish the different types of immunity
- Understand how vaccines trigger our immunity
- Identify the different types of vaccines
- Distinguish the phases in vaccine development
- Identify the problems we are facing today and the possible solutions