Choose your session:
VideoX: Creating Video for the edX Platform
About this courseSkip About this course
VideoX is an introduction to the video creation process for edX.org. This course is part of the edX Course Creator XSeries and should be taken after completing StudioX.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- identify best practices for video production and implement them in your edX course,
- recognize common pitfalls in the video production process and determine how to avoid such difficulties,
- train your instructor on edX best practices, including edX course segmentation and how to present content on-camera,
- create an effective plan for video production that accounts for time, resources and your production team's abilities,
- identify the main recording methods used in video production, understand what each method involves (in terms of technical, physical and logistical considerations) and employ them to create high-quality, impactful videos,
- utilize non-linear editing systems to manipulate your raw footage and incorporate graphics, animations and third-party media to produce polished video segments,
- describe the editing process from start to finish,
- encode your finished videos, upload them to edX and incorporate them into your course, and
- how to work with instructors - segmentation and how to talk to the camera
VideoX is a course for everyone and does not require any previous experience in video production. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- best practices for video production
- how to get a video from an idea to delivery
- advice for instructors and course teams
- marketing video guidelines
Getting started on video creation. You will learn the four steps of video creation and how best to use video within an edX.org course.
The planning stage of video creation. This segment covers the differences between Marketing and Course Content videos, and best practices for the planning and budgeting of both. This includes course segmentation and instructor coaching.
The recording stage of video creation. This segment includes best practices for Do-It-Yourself recording as well as standard recording techniques, including the use of cameras, audio and lighting.
The editing stage of video creation. This includes best practices for the use of third-party media, color correction and audio mixing.
How to encode and upload video segments into your edX.org course using edX Studio.